We are very proud to say that we are the North Wests number 1 V-W Aircooled Specialist garage, with experienced VW aircooled mechanics based in Chorley Lancashire, undertaking servicing, modifications, Engine building and repairs of all types for Aircooled Volkswagens including Beetle, Karmann Ghia, type 2 campervans (splitscreen and bay window) , T25 and the VW varient or type 3.
We take care of all manner of mechanical services from repairs to modifications, for classic Volkswagens in Lancashire, including Leyland, Preston and Chorley and surrounding areas, including Engine building, servicing, tuning, rust proofing, lowering welding and sourcing parts.
- Reground Crankshaft £95
- Assemble crank gears and bearings £48
- Aline bore crankcase £90
- Cut thrust bearing to fit case £36
- Recut valve seats £30 each
- All new 1600 or 1641 cc long block £2995 (2 year warranty)
- Twin port 1600cc almost all new long block £1990 ( 2 year warrany)
- Twin port long block budget rebuild all stock sizes £1650 (1 year warranty)
- Twin port 1776/1835 various performance options, long block from £2950
- Any engine option, including full turnkey engines, removal and refitting available on request.
We highly recommend Volkszone (VZi VW forum) as a source of information for anything you may need for restoring or maintaining your classic VW, some of the most popular and best classic vehicles of all time.
“You either love your old quirky Aircooled VW, and probably own more than one, or simply have no idea of the magic they bring, but drive one and you will soon understand!”
We have owned, serviced and modified most of the flat 4 variety.
Whether you want your vehicle tuning to run more smoothly and more economically, or you need your engine rebuilding, we have a wealth of experience in the VW field
- Are you wanting more power?
- Need a new gearbox or clutch?
- Riding too high up and need a little lowering or narrowing ?
- Require a patch or two welding?
- Pre MOT inspection?
- Do you need some winter maintenance like wax oiling to keep off the rain and keep the tin rot away?
Whatever your classic pride and joy requires, give us a call. If we can’t help, we can certainly put you in touch with someone who can!
We can now supply Aircooled parts at discount prices for any Aircooled Volkswagen, including servicing kits etc, available to collect or mail order 🙂